- 1. 南京水利科学研究院水文水资源与水利工程科学国家重点实验室, 江苏 南京 210029;
- 2. 清华大学水利水电工程系, 水沙科学与水利水电工程国家重点实验室, 北京 100084;
- 3. 水利部规划计划司, 北京 100053;
- 4. 长江中游水文水资源勘测局, 湖北 武汉 430012
Development and enlightenment of water issues and its governance
- 1. State Key Laboratory of Hydrology-Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering, Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute, Nanjing 210029, China;
- 2. State Key Laboratory of Hydroscience and Engineering, Department of Hydraulic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China;
- 3. Department of Planning and Programming, MWR, Beijing 100053, China;
- 4. Hydrology and Water Resources Investigation Bureau of the Middle Reach of Yangtze River, Wuhan 430012, China
The study is financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China(No. 51609139).
- Received Date:
- Publish Date:
Abstract: Since ancient times, the changes of water issues have led to the transformations of water governance patterns. At present, China is confronted with multiple water problems such as waterlogging, water shortage, water pollution as well as water ecological damage, which is essentially a crisis of governance. The core of the solution to the water problem of China is the reformation of the water management patterns and then to realize water control goals. In order to break through the water-control dilemma that the water problems often rebound, we must fully learn lessons from rivers and lakes governance at home and abroad. Taking the implementation of river governor system as an opportunity, we should change the current situation of empirical, decentralized and terminal governance to the government-led approach. This has the advantage of one-party domination, multi-party cooperation, multi-rules unification, multiple benefits acquisition, technology leading, systematic management and accurate strategy implementation. In the process of water management, we should not only understand the nature and the society, but also human beings and their spiritual activities. Water science must be integrated with natural science, social science and the humanities. The fundamental goal of ecological river and lake construction will be truly achieved while the accurate concepts and the scientific patterns of water treatment have been roundly established. In summation, we should strengthen the scientific and technological guides and supports, and then carry out the comprehensive improvements of regional water problems.